New York City is home to approximately 222,000 companies, with small businesses accounting for 98 percent, according to a NYC Small Business First report. As these businesses employ almost half of the city’s workforce, the need for proper network support and management within businesses is critical.
Managed network services are available to companies that need to supplement their existing IT department or require access to full-time IT staff.
What are Managed Network Services?
Managed network services are IT services designed to aid in managing the infrastructure, technical support, and software needed to operate a company’s network. Businesses have the opportunity to outsource some or part of their IT network installation, monitoring, management, and support to a third party to save time, cut costs, and ensure that these tasks are completed by experienced IT professionals.
Different managed network services providers offer a variety of IT services to businesses, such as network installation, structured cabling, server maintenance, Wi-Fiinstallation, and virtual phone systems. Managed network services typically incorporate a wide range of hardware components, such as servers, switches, and routers. A provider may also assist with operating systems, firewalls, and network security.
Why Do Businesses Need Managed Network Services?
When a business chooses to hire a third-party managed network services provider, they rely on their provider to set up a managed network. A managed network is a type of communication network that can be managed on-site or remotely, depending on the preferences of the client. IT service providers are responsible for building, securing, and operating the network.
There are many businesses throughout New York City that do not understand the importance of network maintenance. Despite the size of the company, computer networks are highly complex and require ongoing monitoring and support to ensure that they remain secure. Managed network services providers provide round-the-clock technical support and monitoring to help keep business networks running optimally and to prevent costly periods of downtime.
Companies can count on their managed network services provider to continuously monitor their network and immediately alert them when harmful network issues have been discovered or when a potential system failure is anticipated.
Today, computer networks are not just important for growing businesses, but are critical to their success. Having a skilled team of IT professionals available to manage their network can help keep companies operating smoothly.
What Services Do NYC Managed Network Services Providers Offer?
NYC managed network services providers offer organizations in and around the city a wide range of networking support services. Some of these services include:
- Network Installation – A company’s network must remain reliable and secure. Network installation services allow businesses to create or upgrade their existing network with one that is better equipped to meet their key business goals. Network installation services include a variety of components, such as mobile device support, wireless network services, computer cabling, network security, network integration services, and software and hardware installation.
- Virtual Phone Systems – Many modern businesses rely on virtual phone systems to provide them with seamless communication when accepting and placing phone calls. Virtual phone systems manage business calls using an internet connection, and unlike traditional phone systems that work in just one location, a virtual phone system can be used with desk phones, desktop apps, or mobile phones. This is a cost-effective way for businesses to stay connected.
- Server Maintenance – Managed network services providers offer server maintenance as a way to keep server software updated and running efficiently. Server maintenance helps businesses avoid data loss and costly downtime. Maintaining servers can also prevent a network failure and the loss of valuable information.
- Structured Cabling Services – Businesses that invest in structured cabling services can achieve improvements in applications, such as telecommunications, security, and audiovisual. Structured cabling services are essential to any company’s infrastructure and can offer a range of benefits, such as greater flexibility, reduction in clutter, and simple diagnosis of bugs. Examples of structured cabling systems include fiber optic cables, data cabling, and modular connectors.
- Commercial Wi-Fi Installation – A secure Wi-Fi connection is crucial for normal business operations. When a company experiences frequent Wi-Fi connectivity issues, it can lead to downtime and frustration among employees. Working with an experienced managed network services provider that offers commercial Wi-Fi installation can help boost productivity in the workplace and reduce operational expenses.
Get Started t Today with SeaGlass Technology
Managed network services providers in New York City can help organizations of all sizes significantly reduce risk through the delivery of optimized network performance. Businesses can count on their managed network services provider to share in-depth knowledge of industry trends and technical information, and to address ever-changing compliance issues.
Conveniently located in NYC, SeaGlass Technology has helped countless small- and medium-sized businesses make important network changes to protect against cyberattacks and achieve greater efficiency. To learn more or to get started, contact SeaGlass Technology online today.