Hackers believe small to medium businesses are vulnerable because they don’t have the knowledge or the expertise to know what is happening inside their own network. This perceived vulnerability of SMBs puts your business at greater risk of becoming the victim of malicious cyberattacks and breaches. Most security breaches for SMBs actually occur from the inside, behind the firewall, from accidental misconfigurations and unintentional employee misuse of the computer network.
Custom Network Security Solutions
SeaGlass Technology offers custom network security solutions, built for your business, based on your individual security needs. We will review your current security policies, work hand-in-hand with you to optimize them (or create a set if they don’t already exist), and then install cyber security software that scans and detects internal as well as external vulnerabilities.
Building Your Own Custom Security Solution
As network security threats grow more advanced by the day, protecting your company’s systems and data becomes more challenging. Knowing where your risks and vulnerabilities are is the first step to shoring up your network security.
Our industry-leading internal security alerting solution takes into account your custom security policies and intelligently identifies suspicious anomalies, changes, and threats. In addition, our powerful analysis engine examines multiple data points and notifies you directly of security issues caused by unusual user behavior and network misconfigurations.
Custom Reporting & Ongoing Maintenance Of Your Network
Once we have tuned your network, we work with you to fix any current issues and update your security policies, set up regular reporting that details changes in your network from report to report, as well as all the issues we have resolved at that time. In addition, we take measures to minimize internal network vulnerabilities. These measures include setting up daily and weekly alerts, and delivering actionable intelligence, in case of an accidental or malicious breach.
Inbound Firewall Configuration Evaluation
- Evaluating the inbound firewall configuration and searching for known external vulnerabilities helps ensure that the impact of changes made to the external firewall, or exposure of outward-facing applications is minimized.
Out-Bound Firewall Configuration Evaluation
- Evaluating the out-bound firewall configuration and blocking unnecessary traffic plays a vital role in eliminating the spread of viruses, worms, and Trojans.
Inspection Of Current Patch Management Tool Effectiveness
- The purpose of this task is to identify systems in which security patches have not been applied in a timely manner.
Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware Deployment Examination
- Examination of anti-virus & anti-spyware software to determine if the software is either out of date or has not yet been deployed.
Physical Security Walk-Through
- This in-person walk-through of the office helps identify issues network assessment tools are unable to do, such as employees leaving their passwords in plain sight.
- A compliance-level audit can be beneficial in finding security-related, best-practice violations for all companies, even if they are not required to comply with a compliance standard such as HIPAA or PCI.
IT Administrator Review
- This step reviews user, computers, and Layer 2/3 detail with your in-house administrator to identify possible defunct or rogue users and systems.
Anomalous Login Detection
- This task is intended to review security audit logs for suspicious logins or log-in attempts.
Internal Vulnerability Scanning
- Internal vulnerability scanning uncovers security flaws that could be exploited once an attacker makes it inside your network.
Security Policy Assessment
- A security policy assessment reviews default Group Policy and applicable Local Security Policies for consistency and alignment with best practices.
- This review validates the list of users with administrative privileges and removes any users that should not have administrative access.
Learn More About Our Network Security Solutions
SMB’s are falling victim to cybersecurity attacks and breaches more and more everyday, don’t let your business be one of them. Protect your company and your employees by acquiring our custom network security solutions. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please give Seaglass Technology a call at 212.886.0790 or schedule a consultation online.