Information technology (IT) plays a critical role in modern business operations. Companies must learn to efficiently manage their IT infrastructure if they wish to facilitate growth and mitigate costly risks. Managed IT services for businesses involve the delegation of IT operations to a third-party organization known as a managed service provider (MSP).
Managed service providers offer a wide range of services that improve IT functionalities’ reliability, improve IT security and compliance, cut costs, enhance scalability and boost business productivity. Here is a look at some managed IT services that can improve a business.
1. Security Management
Weak IT security can have a devastating impact on a business. According to the U.S. National Cyber Security Alliance, approximately 60 percent of small businesses that become victims of cyber attacks go out of business within six months.
A managed IT service provider can help keep a business’s computer system safe by implementing various security management and risk prevention strategies. This may include installing anti-malware software into company computers to protect against viruses.
Businesses should also keep up with the latest software updates to prevent cybercriminals from bypassing security protocols. All software and hardware programs should be fully integrated and compatible with each other to avoid security issues that could put a company’s network at risk.
2. Data Analytics
Businesses that are not directly involved in the IT industry may find it challenging to navigate computer information systems. Networking technology is becoming more complex by the day, causing many companies to turn to managed service providers for assistance.
Through data analytics, companies can better identify what challenges are most pressing and quickly develop solutions. Data analytics can also help lower operating costs, reduce business risks and provide valuable insight.
3. Networking and Infrastructure
Managed IT services also include the management of networks and infrastructures. MSPs can deliver various support services that help businesses handle LANs, WANs and other computing system components. Packages are often available that may include the following services:
- Managed Storage Backup – This service makes it fast and straightforward for employees to upload data and update information from any location with the protection of remote backup.
- Onsite Infrastructure Setup – Hiring in-house staff to set up software and hardware can be costly. An MSP can provide this service as part of a comprehensive services package.
- Remotely-Managed Print Services – This service enabled authorized employees to print out documents from any location on the company network.
- Mobile Networking – Team members can easily connect from any location using wireless devices.
- Managed Cloud Infrastructure – This service makes it possible for team members to attend meetings and collaborate over the cloud.
Some managed IT services may include software-as-a-service. Software-as-a-service (SaaS) is a software licensing and delivery model in which software is centrally hosted and available on a subscription basis. This innovative service allows data to be accessed from any internet-enabled device and a web browser.
When a business chooses to subscribe to this service, all security patches and updates get remotely installed when they become available. This allows employees to focus on their core job duties while IT professionals handle software installation and functionality.
5. Communication Services
An MSP may also deliver communication services as part of their managed IT services offerings. Communication services generally include:
- Voice – This form of communication type allows colleagues to verbally speak to one another one-on-one or as a group, from nearly any location, using internet-enabled devices like smartphones and PCs.
- Data – Data services enable staff to easily send and share data on laptops, computers or mobile devices from any location.
- Video – Video communication services make it possible for businesses to easily host conferences that employees can attend using an internet-enabled device from any location where internet is available.
6. Support Services
It is not uncommon for employees to encounter IT issues while performing their work duties. These IT problems can disrupt normal business processes and create a reduction in productivity. The longer that an IT problem goes unsolved, the more money and time is wasted.
Managed IT services often include ongoing support from experienced MSPs. This means that businesses can immediately contact their managed service provider when an IT issue arises that they need help resolving. Managed service providers can often resolve software and hardware issues remotely, allowing businesses to get back up and running in the shortest amount of time possible.
Managed IT Services
Managed IT services are designed to improve user experience, boost operational efficiency and drive a business towards accelerated growth. Companies of all sizes and in all industries work with qualified MSPs to leverage their knowledge base and receive ongoing quality service. To learn more about how managed IT services can improve a business or to speak with an experienced managed IT service provider, contact the SeaGlass Technology professionals.